Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Newport Beach, CA

Made it to Newport Beach.  Wow, there are boats and homes crammed into every nook and cranny imaginable!  It just goes on and on.  Checking out things on the first day, we walked the promenade along the beach.  The first Ruby's Diner is here on the pier.  Lots of people as we're getting another heat wave this week.  Ed is loving every minute of this trip with comments like --man, I'm spending all my time living it up I'm not getting much else done!











Day 2 was beach day after schleping groceries.  They've got an area of beach down here called the 'wedge'.  Naturally we had to go and swim it.  Big waves to surf.  Following are pics of the man coin his thing...needless to say I was busting a gut with laughter.
Look closely at what his groceries are...



Dark meat, light meat

He's got a great start....

Uh oh, the wave is catching up....

I'd give this 8.5.... looks like he's a bit over extended....

OH NO!  He got the wedge!


Happy Birthday today to mother Doris and nephew Jon!  Miss you guys much.

2 comments:

  1. Its a wonderful experience! very nice site and a series of useful links here. I had too much information here, thanks to a guy like me, just stay
    I'm really impressed with this blog.

    Disneyland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun !! Dad would go body surfing. Wish I was there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete