Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Back in the Saddle


Ahhhhh....I'm back! Being with Ed on Bullwinkle again just feels right. Returned three days ago and we've been catching up. Ed has some really incredible pictures-so much more than he's been putting on the blog! He looks great, although a bit on the thin side-all muscle though.  Amazingly after such a trip alone, he is incredibly relaxed.  He HAS always enjoyed his own company, so we'll see if he stays that way with me back on the journey!
Still at the Shoreline Marina in Long Beach through tonight. The marina is huge, but really nice and within walking distance to some cool vistas (the beach) and free bus rides to necessities.  There are oil rig facilities that dot this coast line made up to look like what Ed and I discribe as "The Island of Dr. No" from 007; straight out of 1969.  No one is allowed to land on or too close to them.  They're lit up at night like Vegas and have waterfalls all around them to distract from the work they do....hummmm....
 

I went from fall to full-on summer in coming to Long Beach. I've been sweating everyday since. We walked through the village last night and they actually are setting up their Santa picture venue already. Its very odd to have to look at a calendar to figure out the holidays versus feeling it in the air. Seeing everyone watching football as we cruised by the eateries and my first thought was 'why are they playing football in the middle of summer?!' Then remembering that just a few days ago I was cooking up leek soup and sitting in front of the tv myself watching the Seahawks.
 
 

Yes, Mao is with us and because its her second visit to the boat, shes fallen back in routine with ease. Feeling so comfortable she's jumping on to the dock at night and checking out the surroundings.  Much to my dismay.  Many visitors to the boat - such as this bird during dinner last night. 
Today was a full day of bus rides and walking (and feeling like nothing was accomplished.)  At least for most of the day we had a breeze.  You'd think being in a seaside city we'd be able to find a wet suit for me, but noooo...its not easy being on the heavy side of life. I tried on one rubber thing and worked up such a sweat trying to get it on I felt a full on claustrophobic attack coming!  Ed had to intervene, peeling me out of the thing -- which I never even got up to my hips!  So in the mean time we'll rent one and continue looking for one when we come back to this area to meet up with the kids at Disneyland.
Next stop Santa Catalina Island!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad the band is back together! Been thinking of you and wishing you safe travels XOXOXO! C

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I miss Ed an his "jibs." LOL Never understood what he was talking about, but his blogs are fun to read! So. . . you're back!!!! Yeah! The "kids" and Disneyland. Which kids? The grandkids? That will be so much fun. :P Funny about the wet suit. I'd freak just having something tight on my calves. I so get what you were saying. I tried tangoing you Sunday. I had mom with me and we tried calling Ed's cell phone. No answer, of course. I let her catch up on some of Ed's blogs. Not sure she was reading them or what. Hard to explain, just off a bit. Sorry we didn't get to talk before you left, but make sure you call when you get a chance. Miss you and love you. Have a great time Tracey - hope the waters are calmer and more enjoyable. Have you set up a time with Scotty yet? xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, So glad you are reunited!! We can't wait to see you very soon :)! This post made me laugh hysterically, Tracey maybe you could take up a little freelance writing on the side ;)! We got your sweet package last night and the kids loved it, thanks so much for the thoughtful gifts & treats, they are enjoying all of them! Isaac got a 18k gold gilding marker pen and he has already "plated" his coins ;) ha! Much love & XO from all of us!

    ReplyDelete