Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Hola! Arrived San Carlos

Woohoo! After initially being turned around at the boarder to go through the truckers crossing at Nogalas, getting hit with $100 declaration taxes, $100 visa fee and $140 in 'broker' fees (or what I like to call 'pay or spend all day fighting' fees (because this is a family friendly blog, you don't want to hear what I actually call it)) we arrived two days ago in San Carlos (outside Guaymas,) MarinaSeca workyard. Warm days and cool nights. Mosquitos are out - Ed looks like he has the pox. The boat is in pretty good shape and had just a light coating of dust on the inside. Topside took a beating with the heat. Dirt, rain, then sunbake makes for hard cleaning. Sanding and bottom paint must be done before we get it in the water. And everything that's inside which is supposed to be outside should stay in until the painting is complete. So it's a tight squeeze. With all the items we had to bring with us, it looks like a hurricane hit inside. We're making headway. Bought a bag of shimp from a guy selling outside the 'quickie mart'. I say 'shimp' but they'd be called prawns up north. Served them up with rice, cucumber/tomato/avacado salad and sweet peppers. Ed loved them, but after cutting, peeling and devaining them I think my stomach was put off a bit. The only wildlife sitings are the doves and the buzzards at this point. Now lets see if I can fix this blog layout! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you both arrived safe and sound. However I do not envy the red poke-a-dots. I am looking forward vicariously to your "NEW" adventureS as well. Please keep the posts with pics coming & often as you find time. BTW, my retirement party went well. About 75 showed up. I missed you but totally understand and am very happy for you guys. (Day #6 of Saturday's in a row)

    ReplyDelete