Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Back in the Marina


We're back in the marina. Good thing too. We were supposed to go to Las Cocinas (the kitchens; an area further north of San Padro) but I'm having a hard time having a good time with Ed's voyage nearing so quickly. I get to focused on the primary goal.  In this case, Ed getting to Hawaii.


On the way in to the marina I smelt burning. Once in the slip we discovered the alternator that he just put in went bad for the simple reason of a screw not being tight enough. And with the VHS radio on the fritz...all things for a reason right? Good thing we weren't up at 'the kitchens'. 
Now my phone is acting quirky. Not allowing cell service when we have it. Ed's beater phone is still going strong - that's saying something isn't it??

Ed went to auto zone and they happened to have an alternator.  So no waiting around.  We'll provision the boat today and head to Tucson tomorrow.  Ed should be able to get a new VHS there and if not, Phoenix.  After that, Ed will bus back to San Carlos and I will head north.  I'm very excited my daughter Molley is able to fly to Phoenix and make the trip home with me.

Meanwhile, Mao is enjoying her dock time.

1 comment:

  1. hey, sitting here with Mickey talking about "stuff" and got to looking at your Blog. Fun times. when are you heading home? Tell me about Ed's trip to Hawaii. Keep in touch.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete