Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 2; Mao's first stroll around the boat

Day 2; Aug. 11 Kingston to Port Angeles
Not much to report today. It was a long day to me which seems odd as we'll be having a couple 24, 48 and possibly 72 hour hauls in the days to come...did I bite a bullet???
Mao did o.k. for the first half of the day, having her first stroll of the entire boat topside. However, the latter half must have seemed like Mr. Toad's wild ride. Rounding Point Wilson we hit some big waves and it was that way until we pulled into Boat Haven at Port Angeles at 7:45 this evening. Thanks to Wade for letting me borrow his gate key so I could shower. Thanks to Ed for making dinner (steak and salad) so I could shower. Did I mention I needed a shower? Manager's office closed so we couldn't get either a gate key OR internet password; pictures will have to wait once again.
Animals sighting: Seals, all seabird types and possibly one mink whale although Ed says this doesn't count be I didn't see it twice (I'm thinking it was because HE didn't see it at all.)

1 comment:

  1. Going to be keeping up with you ~ make sure you let me know where you're at. The google map thing is pretty cool. Nervous for you and that BIG span of water just around the bend. Be safe and have a great day!! I love you ~ Boo

    ReplyDelete