Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 31 2014

A slow last couple of days. A high passed over me killing all the wind for a day. Spend one night just drifting....but at least I can sleep longer. And yesterday motoring east with the hopes of getting to the east edge of the high. Not a lot of extra fuel to keep that up. In the late afternoon, there was a light ENE breeze, so I could start tacking to the east. This is definitely not a windward boat, very wide tacks but did make a few miles progress and a least the boat was driving itself. This morning the wind is more NE and I can make 3-4 knots to the east so I'm happy.

Now about 180 miles from the coast of Vancouver island.

No comments:

Post a Comment