Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

//WL2K Sunday July 13

I've been right on this stationary weather front for the last couple of days. Heavy clouds with sun breaks. This morning I got a nice shower for about 30 minutes. They usually don't last much longer.
It rinsed the boat off good and I collected a little water for rinsing out cloths.

This afternoon I cleared the front and got into some high pressure moving north. This path home is not as straight forward as sailing to Hawaii. The highs and lows are moving around right now and I'm guessing on the right course.....I not thrilled with the guess factor..

But this afternoon I've been able to run twin headsails and although the winds are still only 8-10, make ok headway north.

Can't remember if I mention this, but I must see a floating piece of plastic or foam, one time a cooler lid, bottles, at least every hour.
I guess all that is from the Japan and Indonesia tsunami's. Never saw a bit of that stuff on the way to Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment