Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

La Ventana to Cabo

Great downwind sailing from La Ventana to Los Frailles.  Winds about 15 knots.  Los Frailles was pretty lonely, no other boats other than the beach panga's.  Windy until about 8:00pm then a calm night.  A little southeasterly swell about 6 inches running into the bay.

Left Los Frailles and sailed down to San Jose del Cabo to pick up fuel.  From San Jose del Cabo it was a sloppy, choppy motor into Sw winds to get to Cabo.   Arrived about 6:30pm and anchored up in the Bay.
The wind calmed down after sundown and it was a nice but cool evening.

Friday I checked out with the port captain.  Every thing went fine, but glad I printed out my own Zarpe form, because that's what they used.  Kind of funny, you need to go to immigration, and if you're in a car or plane I don't think Mexico cares when you leave, but on a boat, they make quite the deal out of, requesting all your papers in multiple copies.  That took about 1.5 hrs.  Anyway,  the port captain was quite friendly and had let me know how many copies to make and take along.  Finishing up with the port captain didn't take too long and he wished me a safe trip.

This morning I'm cleaning up the boat deck and storing things.  The waypoints in the chart plotter for Hilo, so I'm good to go and leaving in  a few minutes.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment