Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Past the halfway distance!!

5-25-4014
Today at 5:48 am I passed the halfway distance for the trip !! Yahoo!
Chartplotter distance from Cabo to Radio Bay entrance light was 2524 miles. At 5:48am I had 1262 miles to go !! I'm hoping I already passed the time halfway point by some also.

Two small squalls from the NE today, not as strong as the one yesterday and the boat only got a sprinkling of water.
The squalls seem to disrupt the normal wind flow and afterwards the wind goes light and comes from different directions. Takes about 30 mins. for it to straight up so I can figure out the best course.

For several hours between the first and second squall it was great sailing with blue sky and blue water and winds about 12 knots from the NNE. Just really pretty.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, what an adventure. You are so brave. You have learned and accomplished so much over the last few months and years. I am so proud to know and see this happening for you.

    ReplyDelete