Welcome All,
Follow us as we sail Bullwinkle, our Westsail 32, south to California, Mexico, out to Hawaii and back home to Seattle.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Slow progress

Well I've been out here a week now and over all its been kind of frustrating. The lack of wind certainly gets on the nerves. It's not so much that there's good progress, but more about the boat not steering well when going slow and so I can't really get away from the tiller to do other things.

The day's go surprisingly fast, I'm a good day dreamer and also enjoying Pillars of the Earth, a Ken Follet novel.

The nights go a bit slower and getting up every 20 to 30 minutes to check the radar and outside is a bit of a drag but still pretty restful.

Two freighers have passed in the night about 5 miles away, going the opposite directs. They came up very nicely on my AIS system....that thing is super. I'm broadcasting my position via AIS also so they should see me too.

Theres a better breeze this morning of about 8-10 knots from the north so I hope that holds through out the day. I'm getting closer to where so stronger winds should kick it, but not there yet.
Later,
Ed

PS, If you haven't already found it, there is a link on the lower right hand side of the blog that links to positions I send via a DeLorme inReach satellite messenger and displays them on a google earth map

No comments:

Post a Comment